Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Udacity Very Cool So Far

I'm enrolled in the CS253 class on Udacity, which is a new online education "university."  They don't offer degrees just yet, but they do offer free courses from some very well respected professors as well as educators from outside of academia.  253's catalog title is "Web Application Engineering," and it's taught by Matt Huffman, the founder of Reddit.

Udacity has made a good impression of so far.  Its founders are ambitious, and the price is right.  The website is simple to use.  I'm excited to get more into the material.  Web programming is something with which I have very little experience so far, and UH offers precious few courses that touch on the subject.  What a blessing it is to have what seems like it will be a very pragmatic course offered for free.

If you'd like more info on Udacity, Wired has a good article that first got my interest: "The Stanford Education Experiment Could Change Higher Learning Forever."  Given the burgeoning selection of free online tech courses, I may be doing this more often in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment