Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hello, Udacity!

My first web app is *live* now on the Google App Engine.  I know it's kind of lame, but still, yayyy me.  It's also my first app in Python.  I'm currently learning three languages all at once:  Python, Objective-C and Prolog.  Counting my January and Febuary in the Land of Lisp, that makes four languages I'm tackling in a single academic term.  I feel both confused and quasi-invincible, but that's partly the caffeine talking.

I've got some catching up to do in that Udacity class, and I must soon grapple with recursive descent semantic net parsers.  If I can grok them in Prolog it will put me on track to a good mark in Prof. David Chin's AI Programming class....  Okay, I admit I just wanted to say recursive descent semantic net parsers.  How cool and esoteric does that sound?

My web app is not so sophisticated, but it is still a personal milestone:





I'd better get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment