Forgive my absence, please. I was having a very tough month. Since the end of the regular semester and final exams, I've been catching up in Audacity's CS253. It's a seven-week course, of which I'd covered just one, leaving me almost four weeks behind.
Just now I finished Unit 3, which covers databases and introduces the user to Google's Datastore. It's been gratifying to finally put some of what I learned in UH's data storage & retrieval class into practice. The class definitely has piqued my interest in learning Python: I've had to give myself a crash course, as it's one of the languages of the Google App Engine, along with Java. Python will have to wait, though. If I double-time it for the next two weeks, I'll finish the all the lessons. Then I can see about getting deeper into Python.
Besides computer stuff, I've begun to review the Japanese taught in last summer's 8-credit, super intense third-year language classes at UH. I'm mostly self taught, and had never taken a class in that language before testing into those classes, which were torture at the accelerated twelve-week pace, especially for someone who was weak at handwriting. Still, they helped me progress considerably with the language... That is, until I forgot most of everything over the school-year. Fortunately, I've kept my (painstakingly created) Anki decks, which are a tremendous aid in reviewing languages or any fact-heavy study. I've also been lucky to have Kazuyo Watabe, a nihonjin friend, meet with me weekly for practice. What was forgotten is coming back quickly, I'm happy to say.
Finally, I have a few small musical projects to attend to. A couple promotions, a cover of a David Bowie song, a couple mixed compilations. I guess that's kind of a lot on my plate. On top of that, my summer class in software engineering begins tomorrow. Well, it looks like I'm a "lifelong learner." Good thing not getting stupider turns out to be fun. Keeps me busy, too.
じゃ、また今度。^−^/
I'm glad you're taking a software engineering course. It will definitely help you in the real world. Let me know how it goes.
ReplyDeleteRight now, I'm studying Japanese. It's hard. For one thing, I work more than 40 hours a week. Another thing, I'm teaching myself.
P.S. Be sure to follow me on my blog: http://www.denshaotoko.com. :)
ReplyDelete