Monday, February 11, 2013

Anki, How Am I Doing?

I recently purchased the $25 Anki app for iOS. It's the most expensive mobile app I've bought so far, but as a two-time donor to the Anki project, I am sure not forgetting anything will be well worth the price.

The real reasons I bought the app, though, instead of just using their free web service, were so that I could justify going to Lanikai beach, and because I had some credit on the iTunes Store.  Some friends were in town from NYC, and I couldn't rationalize taking the whole afternoon off.  It was the right time to do Anki reviews, which had been stacking up.  And somehow the iPod Touch user experience seemed preferable to the prospects of the Android app, which I didn't bother to price check.  I never spend on Android apps, and anyway my 3-year-old HTC phone has been slow, lately.

Well, I've been steadily adding cards to my computer science deck, and now I am feeling pangs of regret for not having done so throughout my career as a CS student.  So far, I have a meager 694 cards in it.  I hope to multiply that number fourteen-fold, ultimately, to 10,000 cards.  That should take at least a couple of years, but I am determined not to let this practice slip or be neglected.  Whatever the outcome, I started writing this post in order to put up the most recent charts, which display my Anki user data.  Beautiful stats are another of this program's strengths.



No comments:

Post a Comment