A18 is due today, and I just finished it, and in not very much more than the "2 hours max" estimated completion time. Problems ensued in the process.
PostgreSQL configuration is a testy process. It will work on your machine, only to break on deployment sometimes for no apparent reason—or at least no reason apparent to Noob Nooberson. Adding more dependencies to the requirements file than were necessary also brought headaches.
I did ask the group for help, having felt I'd earned it as one of the more forthcoming and helpful people on the group thus far. Fortunately, with a little luck, or by throwing things at a wall to see what stuck, I was able to address both of these problems on my own. The details are here, if you would like to follow the THREAD OF A18 HELP. The assignment is here, though there's not much to see: http://shielded-earth-3632.herokuapp.com/.
Beyond all the recent—and mostly really fun—assignments, I've been doing code katas to build on what the course has covered so far. Which is rather a lot. Namely, I'm working through the parts of Google Python Tutorials we didn't touch on, mostly involving OS and shell functions. I've been reviewing and learning more LESS (ha ha). Also on the to-do list are to read up again on Python's object-relational mapper, to
My plan to extract the maximum value from this class seems to be working, and I'm loving it when cooler heads prevail and my patience isn't overly stretched. Which is 95% of the time or more.
No comments:
Post a Comment