Thursday, September 4, 2014

One Year Later: How Am I Doing? (Anki Check #3)

Aloha,

It's been one year to the day since I last posted here, and it was a very good year. I took a degree from UH as well as a job in the energy sector at HNEI, and I'm doing fine. But the contract is winding down and I'm planning to come back to this here blog with lots of fresh ideas and motivation.

Before we get posting about that, let's have a look at Anki and see how my study habits compare to this day last year, since that's where we left off. I let my Japanese reviewing lapse in the last six-or-so weeks, and have some catching up to do.

I added about 700 flash cards in the course of Fourth-Year Japanese at UH Manoa. In the last 30 days, I've studied for a total of 510 minutes, totaling 556 reviews, many fewer compared to last year, but still have more than 300 reviews to do. Catching up shouldn't be as tough as last year because the lapse has been much shorter this time.

Besides keeping up my nihongo, I am enrolled in Udacity's Descriptive and Inferential Statistics Classes, and will be picking up some new math trickery in the next month or two. They've begun charging for some of the classes, but I was happy enough last time through that I am willing to pay.

Here are the latest Anki stats for the Japanese deck. I seem to be doing a-okay. (Oh, but my CS deck has been neglected):


2 comments:

  1. It's good to see you blogging again, dude! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sup! Nice seeing you the other day on campus. Send me a message, man, let's get lunch some time.

      Delete